No meeting can be caused by a number of different issues but generally it caused due to ViewPoint not being able to communicate with the SQL databases.
If it is the first time you have loaded ViewPoint you will need to first try creating new meeting by
- Click on the No meeting button
- then Create New type the meeting name
- Select Next
If it can connect to the local host Computer it will generate the meeting.
If this hasn't removed the 'No Meeting' message ensure Services are 'Started' and 'Automatic'.
- Close down PowerPoint
- Type Services into windows search menu
- Right click on IML Click Hub service and click Restart
- Follow the same steps for Lumi Services, Net.TCP Port Sharing and SQL Server
If the error persists double check the PC requirements for the version of ViewPoint.
If other buttons such as Preferences do not function properly this would signify a Corrupt user profile. Delete user.config from C:\Users[YOUR NAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\
To find out where a user’s profile files are stored…
- Go to the command prompt
- Type in set and press Enter
- Towards the bottom of this screen you can see where the user’s profile files are stored
If you are still seeing the issue un-install and re-install the software.